Do you need a quick and easy dinner idea? Check out our recipe for “Baked Sesame Chicken”
Take out food and restaurant food can be unhealthy and be full of extra calories your body doesn’t need. We’ve taken your favourite sesame chicken recipes and made a delicious homemade alternative! Do you love making Chinese food, but we run out of ideas. Well, if that is the case, this recipe is for you!
- 4 Chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 6 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp ketchup
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 3 tbsp Braggs All Purpose Liquid Soy or soysauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp cornstarch + 1 tbsp of cold water
- 1 tbsp sesame Seed, whole, dried
- Preheat over to 375 and line a large baking dish (like 9x13) with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together all sauce ingredients and set aside
- Add chicken and 1/2 cup cornstarch to a large resealable bag. Seal and shake to coat chicken.
- Drizzle a 1 tbsp of oil in a non-stick pan and heat to med. high.
- Saute chicken until browned. Doesn't have to be fully cooked.
- Put cooked chicken in the baking dish. Pour the prepared sauce over the chicken, and bake for 20-25 minutes until chicken is
- fully cooked.I stirred the chicken at the 10 minute mark.
- Serve with 1/2 cup cooked grains and 2 cups for vegetables.
Do you need help with meal planning or how to plan healthy balanced meals that energize?
A nutrition coach can help! We decode the mystery of a healthy balanced diet and help you feel good about your nutrition! Make the changes you need to feel your best.
Give us a call 204-792-1893 to see if working with a registered dietitian nutrition coach might be a good fit for you or click here to book an appointment
*We offer direct billing to most medical insurance companies!