Rushed mornings? We’ve got you covered with our Balanced Berry Smoothie recipe and & quick meal prep video!
Smoothies are a great meal idea for a quick and easy breakfast on the go!
However, you have to make sure your smoothie is balanced with all the important nutrients you need to feel full and energized all day long.
To make sure your smoothie is balanced, you want to include the following:
- 1 Serving of protein (I use Greek Yogurt and hemp hearts)
- 1 Serving of fruit & or veggies (I use mixed berries and sometimes add raw baby spinach)
- 1 Serving of grains (I use oats because they blend well)
- *some fibre to help you feel full (I use psyllium husk, but you can use chia seeds or ground flax too)
I like to add raw oats, psyllium husk, and hemp hearts.
Many people forget to add grains or fibre to their smoothie. If you think this is gross, that’s o.k., you don’t have to add it into your smoothie. Just make sure to serve your smoothie a piece of whole grain toast or a bowl of oatmeal to make sure your meal is balanced.
Getting all these ingredients together in the morning can be annoying to assemble, especially when rushed.
So to make this fast and easy in the morning, I prep up all my ingredients on the weekend and put into these containers.
Check out my video on how I get this prepped up for the upcoming week.
Grab the full recipe here
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1/2 cup- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 2 tbsp psyllium husk
- 1/4 cup dry oats
- Water to blend (about 1.5 cups)
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.